WE NEED YOUR VOTE
Suicide: It’s Time We Talked is a 35-minute play that addresses youth suicide in the online era and how young people can reach breaking point without their parents realising.
Jessica’s parents find suicidal comments on her computer when she climbs out her bedroom window. After giving her parents a scare, Jess discusses her concerns with them, including bullying and her friend Lindy’s suicide. The message is one of understanding and hope.
Written by theatre veteran Alan Hopgood AM, the play is followed by a 30-minute Q&A with an expert panel including PoPsy director and positive psychology advocate Marie McLeod and headspace manager and mental health social worker Kirsten Cleland.
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
2,866 deaths per year = 238 per month = 34 a week = 7 A DAY.
Every day, 7 people across the country take their own lives. Suicide: It’s Time We Talked is an engaging production designed to remove the taboo around suicide and bring together people in local communities.
For only 7 minutes of your time, you can help make a difference across Victoria. Spread the word and help us get at least 12 plays up and running in Victorian communities in 2019.
HOW TO VOTE
Voting is open until 5pm, Monday 17 September
- Go to pickmyproject.vic.gov.au and REGISTER at top right of the web page, follow the prompts to set-up an account using your email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email, click on “confirm my account” in this email to complete the registration.
- Log into your account to start voting!
- To search for this project, click on the search icon in the top right corner of the web page and type in Suicide: It’s Time We Talked, then add it to your shortlist. Once you have three items added to your shortlist you can vote by clicking the VOTE NOW button.
- Once you vote you will be asked to verify your phone number, you will receive a code via text and will need to enter it into the web page to complete the voting process.